Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
“I will try again tomorrow.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher
Don’t underestimate your ability to change the world. Don’t lose site of your strengths. Don’t become a victim of circumstance. Sometimes I think we get caught up in the fact that we think inspiration, greatness and courage have to come from the top performers, the celebrities, the pros. But that is not always the case. Don’t get me wrong, most of those people are amazing and they most definitely are inspirational but they are not the only ones that can participate in courage and greatness.
I’m inspired day after day by the “regular” people that surround me. In fact 90% of my inspiration comes from these people that demonstrate courage single day.
The courage that it takes…
– for an adult to admit that they need help with their diet.
– for a sedentary person to walk into a CrossFit gym for the first time.
– for a new person show up and suck for the first month or two.
– to genuinely care about someone other than themselves.
– for someone to set challenging goals for themselves and go after them.
– to lead other people.
– for someone to have integrity and follow through with what they say they will do even when the plan fails.
– for someone to admit when they are wrong.
– for someone to tell the truth even when it hurts.
– to change lifestyle habits.
– for someone to really push themselves and give it all they have.
– for someone to stand up for their dreams.
– to try again and again even after they fail.
– for someone to go against the grain.
– to openly seek help for their struggles.
– to do the right thing.
– to be excited and all in.
– to admit how they feel.
– to be honest with themselves.
– to not make excuses.
I put regular in quotations because these people are not “regular” they are extraordinary. There are millions of other people that walk around every day without goals, without passion, without ever leaving their comfort zone. But not the “regular” people that inspire me. No, these people change the world. They do so by having courage in their own lives every single day. Not by being pro athletes or celebrities.
There are enough people walking around without courage. By all means understand, it is your life you can absolutely do what you want with it, but I’m urging you to choose to be one of the extraordinary people that have a positive impact. You have the ability to change the world. You will have an impact on the world either way. Everything you do matters. It matters to all of us. We are all connected.
So what kind of impact do you want to make? Playing it safe, making excuses and living with the walls up are not inspiring. Choose to be an inspiration. Live with courage. Be extraordinary.