My Kids (ages 2 and 10 months) Love these, my toddler calls them “cookies” shhhhh!! We got a good thing going on here!! haha! They love to help make them too! They are quick easy snacks and travel well for busy schedules! By the way these are also 24 day challenge approved, on refuel days! Enjoy!
Oatmeal Protein Muffins
- 2 cups of unsweetened applesauce or 4 very ripe bananas smashed
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 chocolate meal replacement shake or 3 scoops of chocolate muscle gain
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (copped dates work really well too)
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 2 table spoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed (optional, makes them a little bitter)
12 Comments Add yours
Is one muffin a serving?
Is the meal replacement shake in liquid form or would this be just the powder. I have some that I mix with milk &/or water.
Hi Erin! Yes I count one muffin as a snack.
I use it in powder form for this recipe. 🙂
Do you happen to know the calories per muffin?
Are you eating one of these muffins as part of your breakfast?
Hi Jean! No sorry I do not.
Hi Kristy! Not usually. I use them as snacks most of the time.
Could it be used for breakfast?
Yes. I would add 2-3 eggs to it for breakfast for more protein.
How many muffins is this supposed to make?
I made these muffins using bananas, almond butter and omitting the flax seed. It made 12 muffins at approx 300 calories each.
I like them but there is NO WAY my kids would eat them!