YUM!! This fall inspired recipe is easy and delicious.
What you Need:
Squash (feeds 2)
- 1acorn squash
- 1 package of organic sausage (we used garlic herb and sun dried tomato)
- 1 cup Organic mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- Dash of sea salt
Baked Apples (feeds 2 + 4 left overs – great in the microwave later)
- 5 or 6 organic apples
- 1/2 cup of organic raisins
- 1/4 cup of pecans crushed
- 1/4 cup of organic brown sugar
- 1 TBS of organic maple syrup
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds
- Fill a glass baking dish with 1/2 of water
- Place halves of acorn squash face down in water of the dish.
- Bake in oven for 45minutes
- 10 minutes before squash is done, unwrap sausage and place in frying pan
- Add the 2 eggs
- Brown sausage
- Add mushrooms to mixture and finish cooking
When the squash is done flip it over. Fork should slide into the squash easily, it will be very soft. Add sea salt and fill with stuffing.
Baked apples: (did this while the squash was in the oven)
- Combine all dry ingredients into a small mixing bowl
- Add maple syrup and mix
- Core apples (I suggest an apple corer but it can be done with a knife)
- Add filling to apples
Once the squash is done. Dump out the water in the baking pan and place apples face up in the pan. ( I hate dishes so I reuse when I can) Keep the oven at 350 and place the apples in to bake while you are enjoying your main course. 20 minutes later your desert will be ready. : )
Not very pretty but it is delicious and nutritious!!!